Friday, June 12, 2009

We've arrived in Japan! The flight was extremely long...11 hours...then a 2 hour drive from Yakota Air Base to Yokosuka Naval Station. We are living in two adjoining rooms here at the Naval Lodge (Navy Hotel) until a house comes available. We are expecting a very long wait, but we may get lucky!



Little things become interesting here...take the vending machines, for example. Devon went out to get his Mom a diet Pepsi and returned with Yen (he exchanged it at the hotel desk) and this little Pepsi Max. He was very proud of himself.



I also added a "Japan Time" widget for my Mom (and anyone else) so she can call us with the confidence that it is not 2:00 AM!

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Glad to know that you guys made it to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it!! WOOHOO, and I love the clocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are really good. I really like the clocks too - no guessing needed now. Let me know when you have email and phone numbers working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I miss you guys already! I'm so glad you made it there safe! This blog is a really good idea. Thank you very much for my birthday card! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karl you know your mom so well! Thanks for the clock...I know you are busy but I do look forward everyday to see if something new is on here...we miss you so much, Thanks for the wonderful card, and the kids messages, you know me, tears...love you.

    ReplyDelete